The Palazzo was built in 1589 and is an imposing building. Its large, airy rooms surround a huge internal courtyard on the ground floor which allows access to terraces overlooking an orchard. Upstairs, the palazzo has a chapel and birth room and even a spiral staircase leading up to a turret affording distant views of Mdina and Valletta.
The dining room has an imposing table seating fourteen; its design inspired by the Knights of St. John era. The sitting room nearby has a welcoming fireplace and plenty of space for people to relax. The kitchen has been equipped with the latest modern equipment and is centrally located to be able to conveniently serve the courtyard, the dining room and the terrace.
The metre-thick walls keep the interior cool in summer, and fireplaces in some of the rooms add warmth as well as atmosphere in winter. Excellent lighting adds magic to all the rooms, with subtle effects highlighting the vaulted ceilings, the vast arches, and the warmth of the Maltese limestone used throughout.
A sunny south-facing terrace overlooks a back garden full of established fruit trees, and a larger walled garden below. On one side, you can see an ancient carving of the God of the Winds and various engravings of ancient galleys.